The oven light receptacle is a fixture that you will find on the oven wall. This part is responsible for lighting up the household appliance, so you can observe the food when it cooks inside the oven. Normally, when the light does not work, you replace the bulb and it solves the problem. However, the problem can be more complicated when replacing the bulb does not help. You could get help from an oven service technician to troubleshoot the problem or you could save money by repairing it yourself. Replacing the light receptacle is easier than replacing the ceiling light because all you have to do is connect to a wire connector assembly that easily clips together. Some items you will need to replace the light receptacle of your house appliance include a flat blade screwdriver, masking tape, working gloves, socket wrench, and an oven light bulb. Here are the steps you should follow to change the light receptacle of your residential appliance.
- Disconnect the power supply to the machine
- Use the screwdriver to remove the screws from the machine door. Grip the door firmly on both sides, pull it up, and remove the hinges. Now place the door down gently.
- Cover the end of the screwdriver with a masking tape to prevent scratches on the light cover. Inset it into the slot at the front of the light cover and remove the cover.
- Wear your gloves and remove the old bulb from the socket.
- Locate the oven housing top cover and remove the screws.
- Gently remove the fiberglass insulation that can found in the back end of the socket. If you are unable to reach the back end with your hand, you can use the screwdriver to move the insulation away from the socket.
- Push the light socket towards the back of the home appliance. This will allow you to remove the light socket from the oven wall.
- Remove the socket by pulling it out from the machine wall. Now gently pull the light socket wires and connector assembly which connects the light assembly wires to the machine wires.
- Unclip the wires that are connected to the light socket assembly.
- Attach the wire connector of the new socket with the wire connectors of the assembly.
- Get a new light socket and inset it into the machine wall by pushing it inside to make the tabs snap into place.
- Insert the new bulb into the socket
- Fix the bottom of the oven using the screws you had removed. You may require the assistance of a helper to do this.
- Plug back the machine and check if the light is working.
If the problem does not get solved, it is best to get help from a good appliance repair company. There are several companies that offer oven repair, freezer repair, washing machine repair, refrigerator repair, and several other appliance repairs right at your doorstep. For instance, if your stove is not working, they will send a stove technician to your place to service the machine.
Take A Look And Check Our Service Areas In Palm Beach County:
Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Greenacres, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach, Palm Springs, Lantana, Boca Raton, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Riviera Beach, Palm Springs,