The oven is a common home appliance that you will find in most American households. Like any other residential appliance, even the oven can malfunction. Some of the common problems homeowners face includes:
- Oven not heating properly
- Door not closing properly
- Machine not starting, and several other problems.
When there is a problem with the oven, most people prefer calling an oven service technician to solve the problem. An oven repairman is technically qualified to repair and service the machine. The range technician will visit your house and complete the oven repair in the shortest possible time.
If the oven door does not close or hangs unevenly, there are several parts that could be causing this problem. Solving these problems is easy, if you are able to identify the part that is causing the problem. When the door does not close properly, heat will leak out of the oven, which can lead to uneven baking and burns for the user. Once the problem is rectified, it will be safe to start using the oven normally. Here are some of the steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:
1) Cut off the power supply to the oven for your safety. If you use a gas model, make sure you turn off the gas before attempting repair.
2) Remove the machine door and check the condition of the hinges. These hinges are usually attached only to the door and not to the oven. Try to pull out the door straight up, if the door does not pull up, you should remove the screws that attach the door to the oven. If the hinges are worn out, you must replace them with identical new hinges. After replacing the hinges, hook the hinges back into the designated holes in the oven. Replace the screws or push the door down so you can lock the hinges in place.
3) If the hinges are in perfect condition, check the condition of door springs and replace them if they are broken. To check the condition of spring, remove the bottom drawer and look for springs between the door and the oven. Springs will not break easily, but regular use can wear out the spring. If you notice that the spring is broken, open the ends near the bolts using pliers and check which bolt the springs are connected to. Replace the broken springs with identical ones and tighten the ends using the correct bolts.
4) At times, a damaged gasket may prevent the door from closing properly. To check the condition of the door gasket, remove the rubber gasket that lines the inner edge of the door. To do this, you will need a flat-screwdriver or pliers. If the gasket is damaged, replace it with an identical new gasket. When buying a new gasket, make sure it is the same length as the original gasket. To fix the new gasket, push the open end of the gasket into the groove of the machine door using your finger. Continue pressing until the rest of the gasket is pushed inside the groove.
Some of the things you will need to carry out these repairs are:
- Utility Knife
When replacing a part, make sure you take the broken part to the appliance supply store. This will ensure that you get the right part for your oven.
Other Palm Beach County Locations We Service: