Maintaining your home appliances can extend their lifespan, which can help you save hundreds of dollars every year. A problem with your house appliance can be fixed if you know how to diagnose the problem and take steps to troubleshoot the problem. Like any other residential appliance, even your microwave oven can develop a problem. You can fix the problem in the microwave oven if you know what is wrong with it. For instance, if you know how to replace the bulb and turntables of the microwave oven, you can replace the bulb or the turntables when they are damaged.
Before we discuss how you can replace the bulb or turntables, it is important to know that you must never remove the cover of the microwave and start working on the inside. Some internal parts of the microwave include the generators, electronic circuit boards, capacitors, and transformers. The capacitor will transmit energy even when there is no power supply to the machine. So, even if the microwave is unplugged, you can still be electrocuted if you touch the capacitor.
Light Bulb Replacement
When the machine’s light bulb is burnt, you must take it out from the machine and replace it with a new one. To do this, you must first find and remove the cover. Depending on the brand you own, the cover is either inside the cooking compartment or on the back of the household appliance. To locate, remove, and replace the bulb, you must do the following:
- Disconnect power supply to the microwave and examine the machine’s cooking area. If you notice a cover plate, unscrew it to access the bulb. You must then go to Step Four.
- If there is no cover plate in the cooking area, examine the rear of the microwave and try to locate the cover.
- Unscrew the cover to gain access to the bulb
- To remove the bulb, turn it to the left and pull the base out. The bulb you remove will be similar to the automotive bulb.
- If the bulb is damaged, get a new one and fix it.
- Fix the cover plate back on
Fixing A New Turntable Adapter
The turntables of the machine usually rest on plastic adapters which sit on a gear that connects the plates to the gear. The adapters can break when excessive weight or force is put on it. At times, it may break when you clean the plate. The adapter is usually an inch long triangular or square piece. When the adapter is damaged or broken, it can be replaced easily. Since each brand is made differently, you must get the new adapter at an authorized outlet of the company. Once you get the replacement adapter, here is what you can do to fix it:
- Remove the broken pieces from the microwave
- Check the model and serial number of the microwave. This will make it easier for you to get a genuine part.
- Before going to the store, look at the service booklet that comes with the machine. You will need it when you go to the store. If you can’t find the booklet, turn the machine and note the numbers written on the back panel.
- Once you get the part, fix it, and put the plate on the top.
If you are attempting repair for the first time, it is best to get help from an oven repair and service technician. Today, there are many specialist fridge repairmen, dryer service technicians, washer technicians, and dryer repair technicians, who are ready to help you. All you have to do is give them a call.
Check Out The Rest Of Our Service Areas In Palm Beach County:
Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Palm Springs, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Riviera Beach, Greenacres, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Palm Springs, Lantana